Welcome to 848 Chaucer Way in Buffalo Grove! This great piece of Buffalo Grove real estate was listed for sale and quickly went under contract in 7 days!
This wonderful home is complete with 3 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, and a full basement. The owners of this home did everything right which is one of the reasons their home sold so quickly. We not only give all of our sellers a checklist of things to do to prepare their Buffalo Grove home to go on the real estate market, but we also do a walk through of the property to give additional preparation tips.
Enhancing Your Buffalo Grove Home for Impact
To attain maximum impact, it helps to look at your home through a potential buyers eyes. Following these steps will help your house look its best for buyers’ showings and open houses.
Basement, Attic, Garage
- Clean out the clutter.
- Keep stairways and entryways well lit.
- Keep basement bright with new paint or lighting.
- Ventilate or dehumidify.
- Repair cracked floors.
- Stack items against the walls.
- To brighten, paint cabinets and put up new curtains.
- Remove any appliances from your counters.
- Leave a delicious smell in the kitchen.
- Repair any dripping faucets.
- Keep fresh towels in the bathroom.
- Remove stains from toilets, bathtubs, and sinks.
- Keep sinks and mirrors shinning.
- Unclog sinks and bathtubs.
- Use a deodorizer in the bathroom area.
- Replace old caulking around the bathtubs.
- Have your plaster in top shape.
- Check ceilings for leak stains.
- Use white and neutrals if painting and redecorating.
- Clean fireplace.
- Wash windows and replace any cracked or broken glass.
- Keep draperies open and window shades up.
- Replace burned out light bulbs.
- Be sure every switch works.
- Discard items now that will be disposed of when moving.
- Straighten up the closets.
- Keep pets away during showings.
- Lubricate any sticky or squeaking doors.
- Turn off all televisions.
- Invest in landscaping where it can be seen at first.
- Cut back overgrown shrubbery and keep lawn mowed.
- Paint your house if necessary.
- Repaint front shutters, window frames, and front door.
- In winter, walkways should be free of snow and ice.
- Inspect roof and gutters for needed repairs.
- Place flowers outside of the front door.
When you list your Buffalo Grove real estate with the Sharron Kelley Team you will receive our listing book which has a whole chapter dedicate to enhancing your home for the most impact. Now is the perfect time to list your Buffalo Grove home for sale because interests rates are still low which is making it the perfect time for buyers to come out and see your home. We at the Sharron Kelley Team are here to assist you with all of your Buffalo Grove real estate needs. Contact a team member today at 847-465-3638!